TIDELANDS HEALTH IS SEEKING CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANTS FOR FUTURE NEEDS!
- Prior Experience working with adult/geriatric population required, Healthcare setting preferred.
- Prior Experience serving people with disabilities preferred.
- Prior experience as an inpatient Occupational Therapy Assistant preferred.
- Licensed by the state of South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners as a Occupational Therapy Assistant in good standing required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed within 30 calendar days of hire date (BLS Recertification is required every two years)
- ACLS preferred.
- Prior experience with utilization of therapy equipment to provide treatment and procedures preferred.
Medium-Heavy Physical Agility Test (PAT) rating. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 35 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 15 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be measured by post offer PAT
Position Summary: Implements medically prescribed specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practice of occupational therapy under the direction of an occupational therapist. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, demonstrates accountability for the contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving & productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary manner. The employee may have access to areas where medications are stored and job functions may include, handling, delivering and storage of medications based on the requirements of their job in the assigned work facility. If these job functions are required the employee will receive competency training specifically on this item. The employee will complete other duties as assigned