Position Summary: Responsible for Supervising aspects of Tidelands Health Patient Access Scheduling, Pre-certification/Pre-registration functions.
- Responsibilities/Duties include:
- Oversees and delegates activities to facility Patient Access leadership and staff to ensure the Patient Access flow, record creations, financial related aspects, customer service standards and other initiatives of the division are met.
- Creates and develops integrated workflow for all patients from scheduling through registration
- Ensure that the staff members adhere to all organizational standards, are productive, and produce high-quality work.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate, complete performance management, corrective action management, communicate and work with the human resource department in position posting process management and review of potential applicants for employment.
- Oversees and facilitates on-boarding of patient access operations when Tidelands Health expands physical locations and operations through acquisition and merger to transition to Tidelands Health processes.
- Works closely with system leadership to understand compliance needs, patient access concerns and overall monitors the patient access functions and completes other duties as assigned while exhibiting exemplary Tidelands Health core customer service values.
- Act as a link between the patient administration department and the various departments in a hospital.
- Supervise, evaluate and train staff.
- Manage Patient Access Representatives, Patient Access Supervisors complaints or issues that arise.
- Ensure schedules are appropriately utilized for clinical areas
- Ensure patient representatives verify insurance and authorizations.
- Complete patient pre-registration and financial counseling, ensure all forms are appropriately signed.
- Ensure departmental policies are followed.
- Makes sure that all hospital wide policy and procedures are adhered to by reporting staff.
- Ensures a productive flow of the daily schedules.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skill and effective communication.
- Monitor and track patient flow
- Manage and organize budget in collaboration with Revenue Cycle Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee partner for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Five (5) or more years of significant experience with the following:
Direct supervsion of Patient Access department.
- Exemplary communication and self-management skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated experience with having strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Prior experience with interpreting and following detailed policies required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently think and make judgments in interpreting and adapting guidelines and making judgment decisions on specific problems required.
- Must pass PC typing test to demonstrate general PC aptitude and keyboarding ability at a minimum of 40wpm required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle projects and task efficiently (time management) required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform highly complex computerized procedural tasked required.
- Passing post offer drug test required.
- Demonstrated prior excellence with interpersonal customer focus and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively among internal and external departments, as applicable, to identify and help resolve enterprise-wide challenges.
- Solid understanding of HIPAA transaction sets and compliance with HIPAA privacy laws.
- Contract analysis and negotiation.
- Working knowledge of best practice, contract management system logic, basic reporting skills, and payor policies and procedures.
- Exceptional MS Office suite proficiency (Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Must meet one of the following:
- High School Diploma with a minimum of ten (10) years healthcare patient accounting experience OR;
- Associates Degree in Business related field and a minimum of seven (7) years healthcare patient accounting experience OR;
- Bachelors Degree in Business related field and a minimum of five (5) years healthcare patient accounting experience.
- In addition, all interactions require an exemplary level of communication skills, leadership skills, teamwork skills, problem solving capabilities, project streamlining and planning abilities, and organizational and time management skills. Candidates should fully support Tideland Health’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Physical Requirements: Light Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.