Position Summary: Consist of obtaining precertification for all scheduled and STAT procedures for various physician practices and Tideland Health departments. In addition completes all pre-registration functions for Tidelands Health.
- Establish excellent working relationships with all Tidelands Health departments and other community resources to assist with the organizational goal of providing our customers same day/next day services.
- Having the ability to document, review patient clinical information, verify patient demographic and insurance information in various Enterprise Systems.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service skills in communicating with our customer both patients and physician practices with status of any delays in obtaining precertification approval in a timely manner that would jeopardize the organizational goal of same day/next day services.
- Communication with our patient’s financial responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee partner for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must meet one of the following, required:
o Associates Degree in Business related field OR;
o High School Diploma and a minimum of one (1) year healthcare experience.
- One (1) year previous experience in a healthcare related setting with knowledge in insurance payer regulations of primary/secondary coverage. Hospital Business Office experience, preferred.
- Medical terminology, preferred.
- Ability to manage multi-tasking efficiently and professionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills, required; with a customer focus, preferred.
- Proper telephone etiquette.
- Working knowledge of fax machine, calculator, typewriter, copier, computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office operating systems, required.
Physical Requirements: Light Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.