The MRI Technologist operates the magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee partner for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inpatient imaging departments assume “on call” rotation on a regular basis. Inpatient imaging technologists are required to cover both hospital locations as necessary.
- Completion of a Radiologic Technology Associates degree program or equivalent training.
- Minimum one (1) year MRI experience preferred.
- ARRT(MR) certified or eligible (If eligible, must become ARRT(MR) certified within one year of employment) required
- South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association certified required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed with the TH Organizational Development Office within 30 calendar days of hire date (exceptions to obtain certification from a provider other than the TH Organizational Development Office are approved by TH Organizational development on a case by case basis). BLS Recertification is required every two (2) years.
Radiation Safety, Anatomy and Positioning, Physics, Computer Skills, Medical Terminology, General Safety
Physical Requirements: Medium Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.