Position Summary: The Community Health Resources works with individuals who are experiencing barriers to accessing health care services. The Community Health Worker establishes positive relationships with participants and provides feedback that reinforces use of primary care providers as the participant’s point of care, and assistance with barriers to accessing or adhering to care plans as well as build community partnership that support individual engagement in age and gender preventative services. Adherence to HIPPA Policies at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Any combination of three (3) years health/social services experience
- Bilingual speakers, specifically Spanish, highly encouraged to apply
- Proficient communication skills, both oral and written, required.Other:
- Valid and in good standing South Carolina driver’s license, required.
- Personal transportation to be able to visit various “work locations” throughout the region including home visits and transport participants to appointments, required.
- Ability to work weekends and attend evening events, as needed, required.
- Familiarity with the rural communities in Georgetown County area, preferred. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 15 to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 5 to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be measured by post offer PAT.Works in a variety of settings throughout the community requiring travel from one destination to another using personal transportation. Days and hours of work are set by the department director based on the needs of the system and are subject to change at any time but position exercises considerable independent judgment and decision making skills and operate in an exempt fashion.
- Physical Requirements: Light-Medium Physical Agility Test Rating (PAT)